Wednesday, March 1, 2017

The Dictators - Fuck 'Em If They Can't Take A Joke

So, I believe it was last year that I used that old March - Lion - Lamb saying for a theme. We'll kinda do that again this year, but only focus on half of it this time around. Specifically, we're focusing on the lion's mighty roar. Only, for our purposes we're spelling it ROIR. Now, I do realize they're still in business so I hope we're able to make it through the month without having to either cease or desist. We'll see how it goes.

Anyway, to start the month we dive right into the mean streets of New York City. ROIR put this hunk of plastic and tape out in 1981 as one of their first. Street tough 70's punk. A classic.

I Live In The City, I Breathe Dirty Air

1 comment:

  1. I got this in the 2000s when they reissued it on CD under the much more boring title of "New York New York"...still awesome, added 2 or 3 songs from an '84 reunion. Good post!

    ReplyDelete