Thursday, January 1, 2015

Frantix - My Dad's A Fuckin' Alcoholic

Happy New Year! I hope everyone has a great 2015. Except for that one guy right over there. He looks a little sketchy. We better ignore him. Anyway, I've decided to ring in the New Year with new stuff... kinda. One of the absolute benefits of all these music blogs is the exposure to SO MUCH. There are so many bands I knew nothing about way back when. Hell, there's even bands I knew that had releases I knew nothing about. So this month the stuff may not be new, but it's New To Me.

First up is the scuzzy punk/hardcore stylings of  Denver's Frantix. All I ever knew about them was their 1983 7". I come to find out they did have another EP and I believe a tape as well. In 2003 Afterburn Records compiled these early recordings on CD. In 2014 Alternative Tentacles put together a more definitive collection, but since they don't play nice we have to settle with this version.

Dancin' To Punk

No comments:

Post a Comment