Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Upright Citizens - The Upright Punx Tape

I always loved Germany's Upright Citizens. That said, I had no idea this tape even existed, until a couple months ago when I stumbled across in over at the great "hardcore punk" blog. So, I don't have much back story. Apparently it was released in the bands very early days, 1982. The sound is sometimes very rough, which leads me to believe that it might just be the guys learning how to become a band by playing some of their favorite tracks. Whatever the story, this tape is a collection of some great late 70's and early 80's tunes.

Kids Today Ain't Kids Tomorrow

3 comments:

  1. Great post man!!! You da' best! Oi! Oi! Posting all my Oi! comp's with that word...getting them organized now. You the theme-master will appreciate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will appreciate. I will also be stealing a couple of them later, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great band, Diatribe played a matinee show at CBGB's with Upright Citizens in '85. I just posted a song to youtube from that board recording, here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdfcXyM7jKw

    ReplyDelete