Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Stinky Finger - Def & Dum

Today's post: Stinky Finger. Entertainingly ridiculous (or ridiculously entertaining?!) punk rap from 1988. Now, I really know nothing about this band. I remember way back when a friend of my brother made him a tape with this on it, which is how I got it. But eventually it was lost to the sands of time. That is, until it surfaced on the blog Digital Meltd0wn a few years back. From there I learned that Stinky Finger was apparently the Pride of East Tennessee. And also I was finally able to remember just what it was that made me like it so much. Give it a listen and see what you think.

Everybody Sodomize

5 comments:

  1. Can you upload Throbbing Gristle's "Mission Of Dead Souls"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have that one skelly m'boy. But I found it here:
      http://uuhngschpugg.blogspot.com/2011/01/throbbing-gristle-mission-of-dead-souls.html

      Delete
  2. Thanks for this. I was beginning to think I had just imagined hearing it at a party around 1992. Have even asked people from the East Tennessee area about them and they all drew blanks.
    Also I think I have that Mod Dirge demo. I know I had it on tape. If I can find it and get it converted I'll let you know. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That'd be great! That tape has kinda been my Holy Grail. Thanks!

      Delete